Toppan Hall Co., Ltd. and the Toppan Hall website abide by the basic policies described below and exercise the utmost care in managing the personal information of patrons. Toppan Hall's Principles Regarding the Handling of the Personal Information (privacy policies) are given below.
“Personal information” means name, address, postal code, telephone number, e-mail address, age, gender, occupation, credit card information, bank account number, or other information that could be used to identify a specific person.
Principles Regarding the Handling of the Personal Information of Toppan Hall Patrons
Respect for Laws and Social Norms
Toppan Hall respects the law and social norms in handling the personal information of Toppan Hall patrons.
Management of Personal Information
Toppan Hall exercises stringent controls in managing and safeguarding the personal information of patrons. We take all reasonable precautions to protect personal information from loss, destruction, improper disclosure, alteration, and unauthorized access, and we take action immediately to remedy any problems that might occur. Toppan Hall's website employs the industry-standard SSL encryption to protect data when it is necessary to transfer it.
These principles apply to Toppan Hall's handling of personal information. They do not apply to the handling of personal information by other parties (eg: Websites with links to Toppan Hall's website.)
Purposes for Which Personal Information May Be Used
Toppan Hall uses personal information it receives from patrons for the purposes listed below. When personal information is to be used for other purposes, notification will be provided by regular mail, e-mail, fax, or other such communication, or via relevant websites.
- (1)Confirmation of the payment method for tickets that have been applied for, membership fees, facility usage fees, etc., or confirmation of payment status.
- (2)Responses to inquiries regarding the activities of Toppan Hall.
- (3)Responses to requests for information on Toppan Hall's activities.
- (4)Provision of Toppan Hall services that have been requested.
- (5)Sending to patrons prizes they have been selected to receive as part of a promotional event sponsored by Toppan Hall.
- (6)Performance of surveys and reflection of the results of these surveys in Toppan Hall's various services. Surveys are performed by Toppan Hall, itself.
- (7)Provision of information on Toppan Hall's activities.
When collecting personal information, itself, Toppan Hall may change the purposes for which personal information may be used. Such changes will be made within a scope judged to be reasonable based on the existence of a significant relationship to the purposes for which personal information may be used, as they are given prior to any changes. Persons concerned will be notified of any changes regarding the purposes for which their personal information may be used.
Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
Toppan Hall will not, in principle, disclose patrons' personal information to third parties, except in the cases given below. When personal information is to be disclosed to a third party in a case other than those listed below, notification will be provided via relevant websites, e-mail, fax, or other form of communication.
- (1)Processing of personal information by a business partner under a contractual relationship. Processing is to be performed to the extent necessary to achieve the purposes for which personal information was gathered.
- (2)Disclosure of necessary information to a business partner for the purpose of responding to an inquiry made by a patron.
- (3)Disclosure of necessary information to the provider of goods or to a delivery service, both for the purpose of delivering to patrons goods they were selected to receive as part of a promotional activity.
- (4)Disclosure of necessary information to a business partner for the purpose of providing service and other information to patrons.
- (5)Confirmation of the payment method for tickets that have been applied for, membership fees, facility usage fees, etc., or confirmation of payment status with the relevant institutions.
- (6)Cooperation with an information disclosure request that is part of a formal inspection being carried out under force of law by order of a court, police, or other public institution.
- (7)Confirmation of facts with relevant institutions for the purpose of protecting the life, physical well being, or assets of the person whose information was disclosed, or of another person.
Occasionally, Toppan Hall or one of its business partners sends information thought to be of interest to patrons who have given permission to send such information. These communications are either e-mail or direct mailings and are sent to patrons using e-mail, home address, or other information submitted by patrons as personal information.
Updating of Privacy Policies
Toppan Hall may update its privacy policies as changes in its operations or service offerings warrant. Toppan Hall's updated privacy policies are posted on its website.
Inquiries Regarding Personal Information
When a patron requests that their personal information, on record with Toppan Hall or the Toppan Hall website, be corrected, updated, or eliminated, the wishes of the patron will be respected and all necessary steps within a reasonable scope will be taken. (It should be noted, however, that correcting, updating, or eliminating personal information may make it impossible for patrons to receive Toppan Hall services requiring the use of personal information.)
Inquiries regarding the use and management of personal information by Toppan Hall and the Toppan Hall website should be submitted by letter to the following address.
Inquiries regarding personal information:
TOPPAN HALL 1-3-3 Suido, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo, 112-0005 JAPAN
Revised March 15, 2019